Securing Your Will: Giving
You and Your Family Peace of Mind
We will be the first ones to admit that talking about death and its effects on your loved ones is not easy. However, we at the Gertler Law Firm believe that a will is the best gift you can give yourself and your family: peace of mind in the event that the unexpected happens. But believe it or not, putting your final wishes to paper will take a huge weight off of your shoulders. We would love to walk with you personally through this process.
What Can You Do For Me?
Our firm can provide the following estate services for you:
- Drafting your initial will and also revising any wills you may already have;
- Administering succession, the process in Louisiana through which your estate is probated;
- Drafting your living will, a directive that aids your family in knowing your wishes regarding life-extending medical treatments (“Do Not Resuscitate” Orders, et al.);
- Establishing trusts for your children; and
- Establishing powers of attorney
What Happens If I Die Without a Will?
We do not want your family or loved ones to endure any legal issues that would invariably occur if you pass away without a will in Louisiana. Louisiana has very strict probate and succession laws that control where your property goes after you die. For example, if you die without a will in place, Louisiana has a succession order set forth under its laws in which certain assumptions are made.
My team and I cannot stress enough to make sure you have a will drafted and properly executed prior to your death so your property and assets will be distributed according to your wishes.
What Do I Do Next?
Call us at the Gertler Law Firm today. We sincerely care about you and your estate plans. We will assist you in documenting your final wishes so you can relax, knowing you are completely prepared for the future. Our email address is email@example.com, or you can call us at 504-581-6411 or toll-free at (877) 581-6411.