New Orleans Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-Accident Claims Are Complex And Vigorously Defended
Make Sure You Have First-Rate New Orleans Truck Accident Attorneys Helping You
Truck accidents involving tractor-trailers comprise a significant number of vehicle accidents as well as fatalities each year.
In fact, one out of every eight highway-related deaths in the U.S. involve large, commercial big-rig trucks.
These truck accidents can be caused by driver fatigue, aggressive driving, excessive speed, unlawful alcohol and drug use, unsecured or unsafe loads, poor maintenance or defective equipment.
And the injuries to occupants of passenger cars involved in an accident with a truck can be horrific – and many times are fatal.
My name is Mike Gertler. I’m a New Orleans Truck Accident Attorney and the managing partner of the Gertler Firm.
If you have been seriously injured after an accident involving a semi-truck – or a member of your family suffered serious or fatal injuries – I’d like to pass along a few tips as you look for answers and ways to protect your family.
Many families treat a truck accident like a car accident, when in fact they are quite different. Also, truck accidents will typically be very complex – here’s why.
The amount of damage and the severity of the injuries from an accident involving a commercial truck are far greater than the average car accident – and the trucking and insurance companies know that.
- Although the trucking industry is regulated, there are so many complicated state and federal laws that truck insurance companies can easily deny your claim because of a technicality.
- Big-rigs are covered by insurance policies that are usually valued at fifty-times the coverage of a passenger car. This makes a truck accident a priority for an insurance company because there is so much money involved.
- Insurance companies that insure semi-trucks have a team of defense attorneys ready to respond to any accident when one of the trucks they insure is involved in a crash. The only reason they do that is to protect their own interests – not yours.
- These same insurance companies also employ teams of investigators and accident recreation experts that are on-call 24 hours a day, and many times arrive at an accident scene before the wreck has been cleared. The only goal they have is this – find a technicality to use in denying your claim.
- Truck Insurance adjusters are perhaps the most talented yet aggressive adjusters in the insurance business – and their sole job is to deny any claim made against the truck that they insure.
The bottom line is this – before the authorities have even left the accident scene, the trucking company and their insurance carrier are ready for a fight.
With so much at stake, and the trucking company ready to play hard-ball, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to take these companies on by yourself in a New Orleans Truck Accident claim. You should be looking for an experienced team to help.
We would like to be that team.
For over 35 years, this law firm has been confronting large corporations in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. We’d like to put our experience, understanding of complex interstate transportation laws, and investigative methods to work for you.
Truck Accident Lawyers In New Orleans
If you are looking for answers after an accident with a commercial truck that was the result of the driver’s negligence or carelessness, call a New Orleans Truck Accident Lawyer with the Gertler Law Firm.
Please call our office at 504-581-6411…. if the call is long distance, use our toll-free number at 877-581-6411.
The call or meeting is confidential – and absolutely FREE.
As always, if we move forward on your case, we operate on a contingency fee basis – meaning we do not charge for our services unless we secure a settlement for you or are successful in the courtroom. You will also not have to pay for any costs or expenses related to your case if there is no award or settlement.
I thank you for visiting our website…. and if you need help with serious injuries resulting from a Truck Accident in New Orleans, please do call.