Practice Areas For Gertler Law
The New Orleans Injury Lawyers with the Gertler Law Firm focus on a significant number of personal injury issues – from car accidents and brain injuries to burns, mesothelioma and wrongful death claims.
The trial lawyers with the Gertler Law Firm have been assisting residents of New Orleans, Metairie and other cities throughout Louisiana with complex personal injury and wrongful death claims for more than 35 years.
Please review the list of injuries and accident areas that our practice focuses on. As we indicate on our home page, these are not the only cases we handle. The Gertler Law Firm is ready to assist you with your specific injury or accident claim.
- Mesothelioma/Asbestos Diseases: A rare cancer almost exclusively caused by asbestos exposure.
- Wrongful Death Claims: A lawsuit filed on behalf of a victim who was killed as a result of negligence or other type of unjust action.
- Birth Injury, Cerebral Palsy & Premature Birth: Injury or damage sustained during the birthing process.
- Traumatic Brain Injury/TBI: Traumatic brain injury is usually the result of a sudden, violent blow to the head which causes the brain to collide with the inside of the skull.
- Injuries From Defective Products: Manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and others who make products available to the public are held responsible for the injuries those products cause
- Toxic Mold: The toxic varieties of mold give off harmful substances that can cause health problems as a result of exposure.
- Automobile Accidents: Car accidents can result in many different injuries including face and head trauma, brain injuries, neck injuries and back injury.
- Trucking Accidents: Truck accidents involving passenger vehicles are frequently fatal and require skillful legal representation.
- Rail Road & Train Accidents: Rail Road accidents often result in devastating injuries to railroad workers, passengers and innocent bystanders.
- Premises Liability/Non-Secure Premises/Unsafe Conditions: Injuries sustained on private property due to dangerous or unsafe conditions.
- Medical Malpractice: Failure of a medical professional to meet the standard of accepted medical practices which causes serious personal injury or wrongful death.
- Hospital Negligence: Occurs when a healthcare provider such as a doctor, hospital, HMO, nurse, other individual or entity licensed to provide medical care or treatment does something that falls below the standard of care in the community.
- Abuse in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities: Abuse that occurs in nursing homes such as physical abuse, neglect or verbal/emotional abuse.
- Nursing Home Negligence: Negligent actions taken against residents such as physical or drug abuse, psychological abuse, financial and sex crimes.
- Construction Accidents & Work Injury: Often the result of unsafe working conditions or use of defective products that result in serious injury or death.
- Electrical & Construction Related Burn Injuries: Often a result of electrocution or chemical exposure to those employed in the construction industry, manufacturing industry and the electrician trades.
- Industrial Accidents & Injuries: Industrial and manufacturing sites are notorious for accidents where workers and contractors are injured or killed due to faulty machinery, explosions, electrical shock and other accidents.
- Offshore Injury/Oil Rig Injuries: Injuries that occur at sea while working on an oil rig, oil drilling ship, semi-submersible, crew boat, or oil supply ship are protected by the Jones Act.
- Shoulder Pain Pump Claims: Pain Pumps used to minimize post-operative pain after arthroscopic shoulder surgery can cause painful and irreversible damage.
- Defective Hip Replacement Claims: Johnson & Johnson has recalled parts used in hip replacements. Find out if you have a claim in New Orleans or elsewhere in Louisiana.
- Dog Bites: A dog bite can puncture, lacerate, infect, cause rabies and even death.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents are traffic collisions involving a motorcycle and can result in extensive injuries.
- Defective Knee Implants: Defective Knee Implants or incorrect procedures by your doctor can lead to long-term pain, loss of quality of life and additional surgeries.
- Defective Hip Implants: Failed Hip Implants are extremely painful. Find out what rights you have if you’re struggling after this procedure.
- Dental Malpractice: Dental procedures or care that lead to serious injury.
- Succession: A solid succession plan details what happens to your assets upon your death.
- Wills: A properly structured will is the start of a solid Succession Plan.
- Chiropractic Malpractice: Chiropractor treatment sometimes can result in serious injuries or even a stroke.
For personal injury cases, the firm operates on a contingency fee basis – meaning we do not charge for our services unless we secure a settlement for you or are successful in the courtroom. You will also not have to pay for any costs or expenses related to your case if there is no award or settlement.
For assistance with a serious personal injury, please call our office at 504-581-6411. If the call is long distance, use our toll-free number at 877-581-6411.
The call or meeting is confidential – and absolutely FREE.