≡ Menu

Who Is Eligible To File A Nursing Home Abuse Suit In New Orleans?

In cases of nursing home abuse or neglect, the resident him or herself, or their family members, may file suit for damages.

In many cases the family will have to take on the project, because of the mental or physical condition of the loved one in residential care. Children and spouses of a resident who has been abused or neglected in a care facility are common initiators of legal action in these cases.

Nursing home abuse and neglect is an increasing problem for our society.

As our lifespans extend, more and more of us will need help in our later years, and it’s incumbent on all of us to ensure that the highest standards of care are in place for our loved ones and, later, for ourselves.

At The Gertler Law Firm, we’ve helped clients in New Orleans for more than 30 years, and helped injured people recover more than $100 million in damages.

If you have a loved one who is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, call us today at 504-581-6411 for a free consultation with an experienced New Orleans nursing home abuse and neglect attorney.