≡ Menu

Is It Important To Have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage In The New Orleans Area?

Yes. In cases where the negligent party involved in the auto accident doesn’t have insurance coverage, the only way for the injured party to recover is through uninsured/underinsured coverage or to sue the negligent driver personally.

Suing the negligent party personally often is unsuccessful.  With uninsured/underinsured coverage, your insurance company will stand in place of the negligent party and pay for your damages resulting from the accident.

If you have questions about a car accident, call the Gertler Law Firm at (504) 581-6411 for a free consultation.